On the third Sunday of each month, elders from the Session are available to examine and meet with prospective new members to expedite the process.
The Presbyterian Church (USA) Book of Order notes that membership is a joy and a privilege. It is also a commitment to participate in Christ’s mission. A faithful member bears witness to God’s love and grace and promises to be involved responsibly in the ministry of Christ’s church. Such involvement includes:
- Proclaiming the good news in word and deed
- Taking part in the common life and worship of a congregation
- Lifting one another up in prayer, mutual concern, and active support
- Studying Scripture and the issues of Christian faith and life
- Supporting the ministry of the church through the giving of money, time, and talents
- Demonstrating a new quality of life within and through the church
- Responding to God’s activity in the world through service to others
- Living responsibly in the personal, family, vocational, political, cultural, and social relationships of life
- Working in the world for peace, justice, freedom, and human fulfillment
- Caring for God’s creation
- Participating the governing responsibilities of the church
- Reviewing and evaluating regularly the integrity of one’s membership, and considering ways in which one’s participation in the worship and service of the church may be increased and made more meaningful
Contact the church office for more information.